Going above and beyond for the charities and not-for-profit organizations in our community.
At Hogg, Shain and Scheck, we appreciate everything that charities and not-for-profit organizations contribute to the economy and community here in Canada.
Our accountants are avid volunteers, and our team is passionate about enhancing the financial stability of the not-for-profit sector by providing experienced and dedicated advisory services for the not-for-profit organizations and registered charities. If you are a Canadian not-for-profit looking for seasoned accounting professionals to assist with the financial management of your organization, you will find a compassionate, innovative, and reliable accounting team with Hogg, Shain and Scheck.
Advisory and Accounting Services for Not-For-Profit Organizations and Registered Charities:
- T1044 and T3010 Information Returns
- Tax Returns for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Audit Committees
- Accounting Audits
- Alternate Investment Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Bookkeeping for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Canadian Not-for-Profits and Charitable Organizations Served
At Hogg, Shain & Scheck, we provide not-for-profit assurance services to Canadian charitable & not-for-profit organizations of all kinds, including:
An Accounting Team Passionate About Local Not-for-Profit Organizations
Hogg, Shain and Scheck’s not-for-profit accountants serve charities and not-for-profit organizations across Ontario. Guided by CPA Accounting Standards for not-for-profit organizations in Canada, our accountants and advisors manage your organization’s unique financial and taxation needs, including:
Track your streams of revenue to ensure that funds are being used for their intended purpose.
Keep track of your revenue and expenses.
Calculate and reduce your cost per dollar raised.
Ensure that your not-for-profit or registered charity is operating in a sustainable fashion.
Management of Not-for-Profit Financial Statements & Recordkeeping
Keeping thorough and accurate financial records is essential to protecting your status as a reputable not-for-profit. Flawed accounting practices negatively affect your financial stability, and they also may compromise your community’s willingness to support your organization. Our not-for-profit accounting advisors:
- Prepare and review the fillings required for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Manage your tax returns and not-for-profit financial statements.
- Prepare not-for-profit financial audits and perform audit engagements.
Financial Security through Savings & Growth
Over and above monitoring your finances and refining your financial reporting processes, our not-for-profit accountants will help your organization to discover financial security. Our team understands and helps:
- Not-for-profit organizations throughout Ontario take advantage of savings and growth opportunities
- Establish and manage your tax-exempt status
- Ensure that you are benefiting from as many eligible tax exemptions as possible
- Rework your operational structure to ensure that your not-for-profit organization is running as efficiently and cost-friendly as it can be
- Help you to more effectively achieve your mission
- Uphold your organizational values, respecting the wants and needs of your stakeholders
Dedicated & Experienced in Not-for-Profit Accounting
Our accountants for the not-for-profit sector privilege mutual respect and understanding. Throughout the year, we will work with your Board of Directors to deliver exceptional accounting services that protect the sustainability and integrity of your organization. We will check in with you, support you, and help you to create impressive changes within your community.
If you are a registered charity or not-for-profit organization in Canada, and you want a professional accounting firm that you can trust, contact Hogg, Shain & Scheck. We look forward to supporting you so that you can effectively support our communities.