At Hogg, Shain and Scheck, we appreciate everything that charities and not-for-profits contribute to the economy and community.
Our accountants are avid volunteers, and our team is passionate about enhancing the financial stability of the not-for-profit sector. If you are a not-for-profit organization looking for seasoned accounting professionals to assist with the financial management of your organization, you will find a compassionate, innovative, and reliable team with Hogg, Shain and Scheck.
Accounting Services for Not-for-profits and Registered Charities:
Our Accounting Firm
Hogg, Shain and Scheck serves charities and not-for-profit businesses across Ontario. Our accountants and advisors manage your organization’s unique financial and taxation needs:
- Track your streams of revenue to ensure that funds are being used for their intended purpose
- Keep track of your revenue and expenses
- Calculate and reduce your cost per dollar raised
- Ensure that your not-for-profit or registered charity is operating in a sustainable fashion
We serve charitable & not-for-profit organizations of all kinds, including:
- Art & Creative organizations
- Bands, Orchestras & Musical organizations
- Chambers of Commerce & Business Associations
- Charitable Foundations
- Community Resource Centres
- Dance Organizations
- Disease Associations & Organizations
- Private Schools
- Scholarships & Trusts
- Stage & Performing Arts Companies
Financial Recordkeeping & Financial Reporting
Keeping thorough and accurate financial records is essential to protecting your status as a reputable not-for-profit. Flawed accounting practices negatively affect your financial stability, and they also may compromise your community’s willingness to support your organization. Our not-for-profit accountants:
- Prepare and review the fillings required for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Manage your tax returns and financial statements.
- Prepare financial audits. Our accountants are extremely skilled at performing audit engagements.
Financial Security through Savings & Growth
Over and above monitoring your finances and refining your reporting processes, our not-for-profit accountants will help your organization to discover financial security. Our team understands and helps:
- Not-for-profits throughout Ontario take advantage of savings and growth opportunities
- Establish and manage your tax-exempt status
- Ensure that you are benefiting from as many eligible tax exemptions as possible
- Rework your operational structure to ensure that your organization is running as efficiently and cost-friendly as it can be
- Help you to more effectively achieve your mission
- Uphold your organizational values, respecting the wants and needs of your stakeholders
Our accountants for the not-for-profit sector privilege mutual respect and understanding. Throughout the year, we will work with your Board of Directors to deliver exceptional accounting services that protect the sustainability and integrity of your organization. We will check in with you, support you, and help you to create impressive changes within your community.
If you are a registered charity or not-for-profit in the Greater Toronto Area, and you want a professional accounting firm that you can trust, contact Hogg, Shain & Scheck. We look forward to supporting you, so that you can effectively support our communities.