Merger & Acquisition Planning
Are you considering merging with or acquiring another company? If so, you need to carefully plan your merger or acquisition to protect your financial prosperity. Leverage sound financial evidence to know and prove that you are making the best possible decision for your company. Show stakeholders that your merger or acquisition will position your company for financial success. Regardless of your next steps, get the right purchase price.
Keep this blog in mind when you are pursuing growth. Avoid excessive risk without sacrificing lucrative opportunities. If you need more information on how to secure a profitable growth opportunity, contact our Transaction Advisory Services Team to arrange a strategic planning session.
Find a Great Fit with Objective Advice
- Price is not the only thing to consider when acquiring or merging with a new company
- Take into consideration why either step makes sense in regards to your financials, brand, and future growth potential
- Do not grow simply for the sake of growth: Position your company for long-term sustainability with strategic acquisitions and mergers that add more than financial value to your company
- Consider your stakeholders’ priorities and whether or not your decision will enhance or compromise these relationships
- A professional accounting firm will help you to objectively establish your best interests by leveraging facts, figures, and precedents to better predict your success
Secure the Right Price with the Necessary Precautions
- An accountant advocates with facts to get you the price that will work within your company’s financial limitations
- You need a comprehensive financial diligence of both companies to better inform your decision and to avoid unforeseen risks
- This diligence will include a tax analysis, an operational analysis, reviews of balance sheets, and a summary of investments, assets and liabilities
- Has the company complied with tax regulations, what are their tax rates and liabilities?
- Will you be able to liquidate their assets? What has depreciation done to the value of their investments?
- What do their accounts receivable look like? Are they plagued with loss contingencies or do they have a lucrative client list?
- The main goal of these audits will be to determine: Should you buy and what price should you pay?
- Don’t get overwhelmed by the external glitz and glam of a potential partner or acquisition, you need to fully understand what risks a company is burdened with to truly understand its earning potential
Get Security & Stability from the Start
- Avoid a taxation nightmare: Make sure that the company you are hoping to merge with or acquire has been adhering to their location’s taxation rules and regulations
- Make sure that merging your taxation, financial and operational processes is a feasible option that will not cause havoc down the road
- An accounting team will review the target company’s tax situation and advise you regarding the necessary actions to align your companies or avoid incurring penalties after you have acquired their financials
- Knowledge is power: pre-emptively knowing these important details may give you the opportunity to create contracts that mitigate potential financial risks and secure you a fair purchase price that properly accounts for short- and long-term liabilities
Set Yourself Up for Success
- Get the post-acquisition/merger help that you need to increase the efficiency and enhance the results of your company’s transition
- Get objective advice from experienced accountants who know what operational structures work and which ones do not for a wide variety of industries
- Strategic accountants will help to manage and properly document organizational changes, tax planning adjustments, new financial reports, and so much more
Don’t get caught up in the accounting and administrative details. Get back to focusing on furthering your company’s success by securing the help of seasoned accountants. An accounting team who collaborates with you throughout a merger or acquisition will keep you well-informed and well-prepared long after the agreements have been signed. If you are looking towards growth and you want to take all of the necessary precautions to protect your success, contact Hogg, Shain & Scheck for the right mergers and acquisition guidance.