Corporations require internal reorganizations for a variety of reasons from growth to insolvency. The professional accountants of Hogg, Shain & Scheck will assist you with the financial issues and tax implications of this complicated process, assuring that you have the information you need to make informed decisions about the best structure for your organization.
Internal reorganizations are initiated for a variety of reasons including the addition or loss of a shareholder, change in ownership structure, expanded or reduced business activities, or the creation or elimination of a holding company or trust. Our team of corporate and financial experts understands the tax implications of the choices you face and can identify the business structure that will improve efficiencies, increase profitability, and reduce tax liabilities.
To help select the best structure for your business we will:
- Review the goals of restructure process
- Assess the current corporate structure to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Analyze budgets and other financial information
- Review corporate short and long term goals
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in management and production or service deliveries
- Assess the tax implications of various corporate structures
Upon completion of this process we will recommend one or more corporate restructure options and provide a detailed explanation of the benefits of these choices. Once you have selected the corporate structure which best meets your needs and goals our team can assist you with many aspects of reorganization including:
- Establishing corporate accounting and budgeting systems to help monitor all facets of the business
- Developing a tax structure to reduce liability
- Restructuring of employee compensation and retirement programs
- Creating a plan of succession
An internal restructuring is a beneficial but complicated process. Let our experts become a part of your team, assuring that these changes benefit you, your employees, and your clients.
If your corporation is struggling financially there are many complex issues which must be addressed both individually and as a part of the broader goal. Our business and tax experts will guide you through these challenging times, assuring that you will receive the best solutions.
Within the insolvency support process we:
- Assist with debt restructuring to protect viable ongoing business activities
- Analyze the benefits of alternate corporate structures to preserve corporate viability and reduce tax liabilities
- Perform viability analyses on behalf of financial institutions or creditors
- Perform a security analysis to review and assess the assets held as security for outstanding loans on a “going-concern and liquidation” basis
Let our team put their expertise and creativity to work, helping you achieve the best outcomes for you and your business.