Are you looking for a real growth opportunity, exposure to many different kinds of organizations, and a family-like culture? Read on.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Hogg, Shain & Scheck (“HSS”) is a boutique professional accounting firm that has been serving southern Ontario for over 40 years – and we’re growing!
We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to charities and not-for-profit organizations, private enterprises, entrepreneurs, and subsidiaries of foreign entities.
We are a firm comprised of experienced and inspiring leaders, committed to the development and success of our team, personally and professionally through our own HSS Academy, CPA student programs, networking opportunities, seminar series, and our dine & learn events.
We have two Toronto office locations – one in North Toronto, the other right downtown Toronto – and we have international connections being a member of MSI Global Alliance, a global association of over 250 independent accounting, legal, and consulting firms in 105 countries throughout the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
What does that mean for you? At HSS, you will have a real opportunity to thrive: to learn, grow, and experience all kinds of organizations and companies in practically every industry; to progress in your career; and to contribute to the growth of our family-like culture that will invest in you and your career development.
At HSS, you will be a key and valued team member.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO
As a Senior Accountant, your role in our firm will be to:
- Provide excellent client service, every time;
- Plan, prepare, and execute financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations;
- Prepare financial statements with appropriate note disclosures;
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns, and not-for-profit and charity information returns;
- Prepare and monitor time budgets for all assignments;
- Be solution-oriented – collaborate with us to develop real and practice solutions for our clients and our firm;
- Mentor more junior team members;
- Be committed to continuous personal growth; and
- Be an ambassador for our firm and participate in achieving our growth strategy.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
We’re looking for accounting professionals who have the following experience and qualities:
- Minimum 2+ years of public accounting experience, working on audits, reviews, and compilations
- CPA designation, or near completion
- Strong technical expertise in ASPE, ASNPO, Canadian Auditing Standards, and tax
- Strong understanding of bookkeeping and preparing journal entries
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A keen eye for detail and focus on quality
- Steadfast commitment to excellence
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior team members, and review their work
- Commitment to continuous professional learning and development
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience with CaseWare, Jazz-IT, Taxprep, and Quickbooks would be a bonus, but we’ll teach you!
Join HSS and be part of our dynamic and growing team! Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.