Our firm is growing! We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join us!
Are you looking for a real growth opportunity, exposure to many different kinds of organizations, and a friendly and personable culture? Read on.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Hogg, Shain & Scheck (“HSS”) is a boutique professional accounting firm that has been serving southern Ontario for over 40 years – and we’re growing!
We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to a variety of types of clients, including entrepreneurs, corporations, charities and not-for-profit organizations, and subsidiaries of foreign entities.
We are a firm comprised of experienced and inspiring leaders, committed to the development and success of our team, personally and professionally through our own HSS Academy, CPA student programs, networking opportunities, seminar series, and our dine & learn events.
Our head office is located in North Toronto, with clients across the Greater Toronto Area.
We also maintain international connections as a member of the MSI Global Alliance, a global association of over 250 independent accounting, legal, and consulting firms in 105 countries throughout the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
What does that mean for you? At HSS, you will have a real opportunity to thrive: to experience all kinds of organizations and companies in practically every industry; to grow and progress in your career; to learn and invest in you and your career development through our HSS Academy; and to contribute to the growth of our firm.
At HSS, you will be a key and valued team member.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO
As a Senior Accountant, your role in our firm will be to:
- Taking primary responsibility and ownership of files, by independently completing work assignments;
- Presenting completed work to Managers and Partners on a timely basis;
- Provide status update on files and supervise and manage staff performance;
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business, industry and technical developments;
- Identify and resolve accounting, audit and tax issues;
- Develop strong professional, technical audit, accounting and tax skills;
- Direct field staff on a daily basis.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Holds a CA/CPA designation or working towards the same;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as in a public accounting firm;
- Strong technical skills and practical knowledge of the professional engagement manual;
- Experience managing and developing junior staff;
- Strong knowledge of the CPA Accounting and Assurance handbook;
- Experience with CaseWare and CaseView;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to manage projects and time budgets to meet client deadlines;
- Ability to multitask competing client demands;
- A positive attitude and desire to grow professionally.
Please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.